I've also activated new icons for TagBoards, signatures, comments, etc.
I comment that there's a new website, only in spanish, ComparaAndroid.com, web con las características y comparativas de móviles Android, made with full characteristics for Android mobiles. It's designed to let you compare between new Android terminals on market.
It's a low-end server, but lot more powerful than our last VPS (wich should be similar, but it wasn't, it had I/O issues caused by a overloaded node).
Now you should note a good improvement, in speed and latency.
We've made a grouping system for the icons to make it more handly. You can jump from one group to another clicking in top littler icons.
This change is also available on news' comments. You will see new system there, too.
We've reviewed some processes also:
- We've disabled server compression: it saves very little bandwidth but it can make it slower because server has to compress and client uncompress. Now transmission is direct.
- We've reduced cookies size: widgets needs less information to work. Registered users can note a very hight reduction depending on their profiles.
- We've raised random images performance: First access can be very little slower but next have a huge improvement.
- There're ono or two rabbit icon more.
I've to deploy this release quickly in order some performance problems. I'll deploy another one with some new icons and bugfixes very soon.
Edit 1 (same 23/01/2011): Reviewed random images internal processes.
Edit 2 (24/01/2011): More icons! Full rabbit iconset! Also ImageShack MultiUploader for random images system.
Edit 3 (27/01/2011): Icons reorder. I've created a lighttpd only-static server in a lightweight cookies domain, it should speed-up all site. I'm preparing a huge cats icon set.
We're moving, to raise server capacity again.
We'll move all site part by part. The first one is Random Images. It's on new server now.
We'll be done in the way that if you see anything is a moving page only for few minutes. You'll be not disturbed.
Edit: Ended. Any problem, please, post a comment.
I've reprogrammed all Google widgets (blogger, iGoogle...) to handle correctly google preferences.
I've also reviewed server performance to make it faster and more reliable.